Herbert Link purchased United Electric Motor from General Motors in the 1940's and LINK began repairing and rewinding electric motors. Under the leadership of Fred Glock, a former Delco employee, Link developed a hydraulic in-slot stator winder in the 1950's to improve efficiency of motor re-winding.
Then, under the leadership of Bob Frederick in the 1960's, LINK developed the first American-made single-end mechanical stator lacing machine. In the 1970's, Bob Frederick, along with Lee Dawdy and Alfred Weihs, developed the model 940 double-end stator Lacer that laced both ends of a stator simultaneously.
At the turn of the millennium the Lacing machine product line was expanded to 6 models, including two Lacers driven by servo motors and computer controls.